Know about religion, culture, music,
food and shopping when embarking on Bangladesh Tourism. Bangladesh is not
just about bustling population and burgeoning population. Bangladesh, once
part of undivided Bengal, has rich culture and deep-rooted traditions. The
Bengalis have always been liberal and tolerant. They value their culture and
celebrate their festivals with plenty of enthusiasm. Fish dishes and sweets
of Bangladesh have earned prominence. You can do satisfying souvenir
shopping in country. Specially its cottage industry products are popular
among the tourists. Bangaladesh has long traditions of classical music, and
Bangla musicians are highly regarded even in foreign countries.
- Islam is the prominent religion of Bangladesh, followed by Hinduism, Christianity and Buddhists. Bangladesh counts amongst the country that have the largest population of Muslims. The population of Bangladesh also includes tribal people from Chittagong Hills, Mymensingh, Sylhet and Rajshahi.
- The culture of Bangladesh is rich with influences from various religions. Be it literature or art work like pottery, weaving, terracota or sculpture, Bangladeshis excel in their crafts.
- The music form of the sub continent can be seen in the Bangladeshi music form as well. The music forms are basically of three types -classical, folk and modern. Drama and jatra are also quiet popular in Bangladesh.
- Tasting the delicious bangladesh cuisine spiced up with hot curry powders are a must on your Bangladesh tourism. Rice along with mutton or chicken is hugely popular.
- Another not to be missed out activity on your Bangladesh tourism is shopping. Some of the best buys in Bangladesh include Pink Pearl, gold and silver ornaments, brass and copperware items, etc,.